Residential Property Manager, Residential Leasing Agent and Residential Realtor
Classification: Full Time
Department: Leasing & Sales
Reports to: Director of Leasing / Managing Broker
Summary of Responsibilities:
Residential Property Manager & Leasing Agents are charged with maintaining the integrity of company owned residential properties by qualifying and acquiring qualified tenants while managing the day to day financial operations of the property.
The ideal candidate will also act as a Residential Realtor and will look for residential opportunities to list properties for sale and or work with buyers to find properties that fit their client’s needs.
Finding quality tenants and maintaining our residential portfolio while keeping profitability up.
- Marketing – keep properties occupied with qualified tenants through advertising, lead follow up, property showings for prospective tenants.
- Qualify tenants – manage the credit check process and screen potential tenants to make sure they are a good fit for the property.
- Leasing – develop lease agreements per the company’s standards, manage the process and achieve signed lease agreements with new tenants.
- Tenant Relations – maintain a good relationship with your customers, enforce lease agreements, resolve tenant complaints, and assist with collections and eviction process.
- Market Knowledge – always be aware of competitors rental rates and how new development affects our properties. Always strive to keep rents in line with market.
- Facilities Management-Schedules maintenance and repairs, negotiates contracts with vendors, regularly inspects property to ensure it is in good working order, quickly resolves emergency maintenance issues.
- Financial Reporting-Keeps financial records from property operations, creates monthly financial reports for the property owner.
- Owner Relations-keeps open dialogue with property owner on vacancies, tenants, physical condition of the property and financial issues.
Finding quality buyers and sellers of residential real estate.
- Assist sellers and buyers in marketing and purchasing a property for the right investment price and prepare CMA’s.
- Determine clients’ needs and financial ability to propose solutions.
- Maintain and update listings of available properties.
- Promote sales through advertisements, open houses and listing services.
- Lead the negotiation process, pricing, mortgages, attorney and related matters.
- Prepare contracts, leases, deeds, closing statements etc
- Cooperate with appraisers, mortgage lenders and home inspectors.
Residential Leasing Agents must always be profit motivated and thereby monitor all phases of fiscal operations within their portfolio.
- Collections: Collections must be monitored. Assist the accounting department to insure timely payment of rents.
- Asset Management – always be striving for ways to improve the performance of the assets under management.
- Budget – create and manage the yearly budget for the residential portfolio and take responsibility for the accuracy of the budget.
Maintain constant diplomacy when dealing with existing tenants, governmental officials, buyers and seller’s of residential properties.
- Networking: maintain a high profile to help keep company’s name in the spotlight throughout the Tri Cities.
- Tenant Public Relations: Be proactive with tenant and public relations. Visit each tenant as often as practical, but at least twice per year.
- Special projects or other duties as may be assigned.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- Previous residential real estate experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in sales/marketing or equivalent work experience.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to get along well with diverse personalities, tactful, mature and flexible.
- Ability to operate independently and “self-manage” projects.
- Sound administrative skills. Well-developed management skills
- Strong analytical and reasoning abilities
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with normal activities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Licensed Real Estate Broker
- Occasional same day travel for meetings, or to attend seminars.
- Overtime and weekends may be required throughout the year for this position.
- Provide own vehicle transportation to various properties for prospects and/or employee during showings and inspections.
Safety Hazards of the Job:
- Minimal hazards. General office working conditions.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or managers to perform other instructions and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
Base Salary for Residential Property Manager, expense account and benefits.
Incredible commission opportunity for residential leasing and sales through a sister company of BEI Properties.
Management has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Please send resumes to Megan Freitag